Children & Family
Welcome to the Children & Family Ministry programs at St. David’s!
We are a dynamic church that offers many programs for our youngest members and their caregivers, designed to bring them closer in community and to Christ. We invite you to take a look at some of our programs on this page and stop in and experience them for yourself.
Thank God its Family Friday
This is a grassroots program started by the young families in our church to help build community for their children and get a chance to meet other parents and caregivers. We feel it is important to gather outside Sunday mornings to help build friendships and share in fellowship in a more relaxed environment. On the fourth Friday of every month we gather in the lower hall from 5:30-7:30 to share in a meal, games, crafts and activities.
We are happy to welcome members from other churches in the area and those who have no church membership to join in this program. Our Friday night program is designed for everyone to come and relax after a busy week and spend quality time with your families.
Upcoming Program Dates:
- Sept 27th, 2019
- October 26th, 2019
- November 22nd, 2019
- December 20th, 2019 *note this is the 3rd Friday of the month*
Sunday Morning Programs
At St. David’s we offer a number of programs on Sunday mornings for the youngest members of our congregation. We welcome all guests, visitors and those attending for the first time to be a part of our programs. Please ask one of our Greeters upon arrival and they will direct you to our program volunteers.
- Ages: Infant – Age 4 (those not yet attending Junior Kindergarten)
- We are excited to offer our youngest church goers the Frolic Program by Spark. Each Sunday will start with a snack and circle time as we read a story and share in a lesson from our Preschool Bible. We also offer a craft or small activity during circle time to help reinforce the lesson of the week. Our Nursery is staffed by 2 volunteers each week and parents are welcome to stay and join in the fun! Please let our staff know of any allergies your child has.
- Ages: JK-Grade 1
- We are happy to offer the Spark: Classroom program. Each week we will share in a story from the Bible followed by crafts, games and activities to help reinforce the weeks lesson.
- Ages: Grade 2 and Up
- For children of this age group, we continue with the Spark: Classroom program to help teach the lessons of the Bible. Children in this class are beginning to learn how to use the Bible as they learn how to find and read the weekly story together. We are providing students with an opportunity to purchase a personal copy of the Bible, which they can bring each week to church or they are welcome to borrow one from our class set. This class also offers games, activities and programming that helps to reinforce the weekly lesson.
Seedlings – Parent Tot Drop In Play
New this Fall we will be opening our doors on Wednesday mornings for drop-in play programs for infants to preschoolers. This community program is open to anyone who is looking for a safe place to gather with their children and meet other caregivers in the area. Come join us as we have a circle time, do crafts, and explore our world through play. We will provide a light breakfast and a snack throughout the morning for participants. Stay tuned for further updates!
We are committed to creating a worship environment at St. David’s that is inclusive of everyone. On a regular basis we invite the children of St. David’s to take a more active role in the 10:00 am service by participating in the readings, serving, greeting and song.
Upcoming Services: October 13th, January 12th
Picnic with the Priest
It is important for us all to understand the reason, history and significance of how and why we worship. This program is designed to focus on the significance and meaning of the Anglican tradition and worship. We invite ALL ages to gather and learn together as we talk with Fr. Terry about various aspects of worship. The program will take place following the 10:00 am service for approximately 45 min.
Upcoming Dates: November 10th, February 9th
New this Fall we are excited to provide opportunities for parents and caregivers to meet and share in fellowship without their little ones. It is often hard in today’s society to find ways to include Christ in every day life. On Parents Night, we can take some time to gather together and talk about topics like:
- our own spiritualty
- ideas we use in our home already
- ideas to help bring Sunday morning into our everyday
Through our discussions, we hope to give parents practical tools for bringing Christian teachings into every day life.
Various Other Events
St. David’s is a dynamic community which offers many opportunities to gather and enjoy in Christian fellowship with our children. Special Events and activities occur throughout the year including:
- Trunk or Treat
- Advent Day
- Christmas Pageant
- Carol Sing Along
- Ash Wednesday Program.